Counting down to my big 2!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 2, 2008

A Visit to the Doctor's

Today I went to Dr Lo's for a wellness check as well as to do my 9 mth old immunization (5 more days before I turn 9 mths). After the nurse checked my height and head circumference, Daddy helped me to undress so that I can get onto the digital weighing scale. I'm now 18.11 pounds (8.21kg) heavy and 29 inches (73.66cm) tall. Doctor said that I am quite tall for my age keke...but I am also a little underweight. Gotta eat more...

I also got a shot on my thigh for pneumoccocal. Ouch...I cried for a while when the nurse poked the needle in hehe...Mommy thought that I was a brave boy and did not cry for long. Here's a pix of the cartoon plaster on my thigh after the jab:



We also consult the doc for my rashes. According to him, this is probably hives. Oooh...sounds serious. Doc prescribed some Benadryl for the allergy. The cause for it is still not clear at this moment. Daddy and Mommy will try to narrow it down from now on. They will have to take note of what I eat everyday and if there's anything new introduced to me, for example, new food item, new toy, what I touched, etc. Anything could be possible. Initial suspicions are either the swimming pool chemicals or the fish that I ate recently. Hmm...meanwhile we just have to take the appropriate medication and observe.