Last evening after dinner, Daddy discovered that I was running a temperature. So they immediately fed me the fever medicine before I went to bed. But at 2.30am or so, Daddy took my temperature again and I woke up and cried. I cried and did not fall asleep for quite some time. They could not figure out why I had a fever all of a sudden. Mommy thought I could be heaty after drinking her chicken soup or I could have caught a cold when she brought me out for a walk earlier that day.
This morning I woke up as usual and was not able to finish my morning milk feed. I was all fussy and wanted Mommy or Daddy to hug and carry me all the time. I did not want to sit or stand or lie down in bed. As the time went by, my fever got more serious. It reached as high as 39.something deg celsius. Daddy and Mommy decided to get me to an urgent care as soon as possible. Daddy rushed home to pick us up and drove us to an urgent care clinic at Foothill Ranch.
A nurse called my name and directed us to an exam room. She put me on a weighing scale and took my height measurement. Then she measured my pulse rate, heart rate and temperature. By then I was already not happy coz I was scared. I cried and wanted to hug Mommy. It took quite some effort to take my temperature as I moved my head and resisted. Finally she got it and it was quite high.
Next a doctor named Dr. Samuel Sunshine (cute name for a middle-aged man) came into the room. He asked Daddy and Mommy some questions about my medical history. Then he tried to use the stethoscope and pressed it only my chest to hear my breathing. Again, I resisted and cried. He took another device called the otoscope to look into my ear. I cried and screamed even louder. Mommy could not hold me still. Dr. Sunshine said that he will come back later and asked Daddy and Mommy to calm me down.
When he came back, he brought a toy stethoscope and otoscope with him to let me play. I knew what he was up to and refused to play with them. This time, Daddy held me still on his lap with his hands pressing my head to his chest while the doc checked my ears. I cried and screamed like nobody's business. Mommy felt so much heart pain when she heard my screams. They had no choice but to do this, so as to see if there is anything wrong with my ears internally.
Dr. Sunshine told them that my ear drums were quite red and possibly having an ear infection. He asked Mommy if I pull my ears sometimes. Mommy said yes, she saw me doing this a couple of times sometimes. Mommy asked him what caused this. He said that it may be due to bacteria or viruses in the trapped fluid from mucus in the nose growing into an infection in the middle ear. Children like me are more prone to such problems as our systems are not as matured as adults yet. He prescribed an antibiotic and Tylenol for me. The main goal is to keep my body temperature back to the normal range while fighting the off the infection. Guess I'll have to spend the remaining week taking the antibiotics dutifully :(
