It's Day 5 of my 'battle' with the bacteria. If you have followed my previous post, I went to the urgent care doctor and was prescribed 3ml of Amoxicillin. But after taking it for one day, my fever fluctuated and did not go down. Instead it went up to as high as 40 deg Celsius at some point (104 deg Fahrenheit)!! I was lethargic and I wanted Mommy to hug me. She noticed that I twitched a little for a few minutes. She got worried and told Daddy. Daddy rushed home early and brought me to my PD.
Dr. Lin examined the bottle of antibiotics and thought for a while. He told us that I should have taken 5ml instead of 3 for this medicine. No wonder I still feel sick...just because the dosage taken was not enough for it to be totally effective. Sigh...should have gone to see the PD directly that day.
So besides taking Tylenol and Motrin (another type of fever and pain reducer), I am now taking Amoxicillin 5ml. My fever has subsided and for the past 2 days I'm feeling much better. Will still need to continue on the antibiotics though.
But...there's another issue. I developed some small red spots on my body. Mommy suspected that it could be due to Amoxicillin. She searched on the web and found that there's a chance of getting this non-allergic rash from the 5th day that this medicine is taken. It should go away pretty soon but just gotta monitor for these few days.
Since Tuesday, I have not been eating well. They say I looked skinnier now. Sad...when I recover, I will definitely eat more.
