Counting down to my big 2!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 1, 2008

New start in a new environment

It's been a long time since I've blogged. Many changes took place after my birth hehe...I've grown up a lot! I've been through what most newborns have gone through. Waking up at night for milk feeds, pooing, reflux problems...to name a few. One of the many challenges that me and my parents faced was the change of environment. Why? Because Daddy's job require him to work in California. So here we are. We packed our bags, rented out our Punggol flat, shipped over some of our furniture, say goodbyes to all my newly met grandparents, uncles and aunties, flew well over 14 hours of flight to a strange place called California. It was my first ever flight and it was such a long time. Daddy and Mommy were both quite afraid that I would fuss a lot during the whole journey. But I was quite a good little boy though hehe...only cried when I find the airplane engine too noisy or when I'm hungry for milk milk.

We stayed at Staybridge at Lake Forest for about a month since the time we came here. The hotel wasn't too bad. Every other day we get complimentary meals (but only Daddy and Mommy gets to eat...me still drinking milk milk only). The staff were friendly and the suite was comfy. Daddy and Mommy also got to cook their own meals in the kitchen too. Here are some pix of me at the Staybridge.

After that, we moved onto our 1 bedroom rental apartment on the third floor (highest here in fact). It's small but cozy and comes with a garage that Daddy can park his car in. The environment here is also very nice. We have indoor gym, swimming pool, BBQ pits and spa facilities here. It's just like condo living in Singapore.

During my short 2 months stay in Singapore, the human I see have black hair and they speak Mandarin, English, Hokkien, etc. Over here, their hair colour is mostly golden colour and they speak mostly English. Mommy said it is called blond hehe..They look kind of strange to me. Even the programs on teevee are all in English. Hmm..maybe I should start learning some ABCs too...Mommy can you teach me? Hehe..